Report a Crime

Kalamazoo Public Safety’s online crime reporting system offers Kalamazoo residents another way to report specific, non-emergency crimes that do not require an immediate police response.

If you have an emergency or require immediate police response, call 911.

For non-emergency events, or incidents that do not require an immediate response by an officer, please contact Kalamazoo County Consolidated Dispatch at (269) 488-8911. Kalamazoo Public Safety also offers an online crime reporting system, which provides another way to report specific, non-emergency crimes that do not require a police response.

Certain criteria must be met for the use of the online crime reporting system:

  • The incident must be non-emergency (does not require immediate police response)
  • The incident must have occurred inside the City of Kalamazoo
  • No known suspects or evidence
  • Not involve firearms or prescription drugs
  • Not occur on a state highway

Crimes that are eligible for reporting online include:

  • Child Custody Violation
  • Harassing Phone Call
  • Identity Theft (must complete an Identity Theft Package(PDF, 1MB))
  • Lost Property
  • Malicious Destruction of Property
  • Suspicious Activity
  • Theft
  • Theft of Gas
  • Trouble with Subject

Cases filed online are reviewed within five business days, but will generally not be assigned for investigation. Please use this tool for reporting purposes only. If you have questions about completing a report, please call Teleserve at (269) 337-8144 during business hours, M-F 8am-noon and 1pm-4pm.

Report a Crime